Here are some delicious and appetizing Aloo Tikkis that can be dished out in no time. They are perfect as a tea-time snack or can be had as starters with tomato ketchup or green chutney. For more variations stuff them in parathas / tortillas along with sliced onion, lettuce and ketchup / mayo / green chutney to make into rolls. They are not only filling but can also be packed as lunch box meal too.
- 3-4 potatoes, boiled & mashed
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp. red chili powder
- 2 tbsp. roasted chickpea flour
- 2 tbsp. roasted peanuts, coarsely powdered
- 1 tbsp. rice flour
- 1/2 tsp. amchur powder (dry mango powder)
- 1 tsp. kasoori Methi (dry fenugreek leaves) crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. ginger, grated
- 2-3 tbsp. coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp. garam masala powder
- pinch of turmeric powder
- oil to shallow fry
In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients (except oil) and knead into a dough. Wet your hands and divide into equal portions.
Give them a round flat shape and refrigerate for an hour. Heat 1 tbsp. oil and shallow fry them in batches till golden brown on both the sides. Serve them hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.