Here are some amazing and delicious Chicken Mince Kebabs that can be served as appetizers. Prepared from some leftover cooked keema, I added boiled sweet potato and chana dal along with some finely chopped coriander stalks, coriander leaves and other spices.
These kebabs tastes awesome with some green chutney and onion rings as accompaniments. They can also be had with naan / tandoori roti or stuffed inside parathas as a roll along with sliced onion, lettuce and mayonnaise / ketchup / mustard sauce. The options are plenty.
- 1 cup chicken mince, cooked
- 1/4 cup chana dal, soaked for 30 minutes
- 1 medium sweet potato, boiled & grated / mashed
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp. dry fenugreek leaves, crushed
- 1-2 green chilies, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. red chili flakes
- 1 tsp. ginger, grated
- 2-3 tbsp. coriander stalks, finely chopped
- pinch of nutmeg powder
- 2 tbsps. coriander leaves, chopped
- oil to shallow fry
Boil the chana dal in 1 cup water for 5-6 whistles on low flame after the first whistle. Cook till all the moisture is evaporated. Mash with the back of a spoon and keep aside.
In a bowl, combine all the ingredients, except oil to shallow fry and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a non-stick tawa / griddle and shallow fry 2 at a time on both sides till light golden brown in colour.
Drain on a kitchen towel and serve with green chutney or sauce.